Re: [T3] Automatic + carbs

<x-flowed>

Jim Adney wrote:

On 9 Oct 2002, at 23:14, BOB2TYPE3S@aol.com wrote:

Phil, I beleive you could get an AT with FI in 68. I think 68 was the first year for automatic trans in the type3

Not quite. 68 was the first year for the AT as well as the FI, but they were not offered together until 69.

Is this for USA, or just in general? If so, would this mean that 68 AT cars sold in USA would be carbed? Or wasnt the AT offered until 69 over there? I'm sorry, but I've never memorized which years the AT and FI were introduced in the states.

PerL
73 Variant L