[T3] '67 mashed

i now truly understand why i was meant to screw up my bus starter.

tonight i went out to pick some stuff up in my '67 rusty squareback. on my
way home, while stopped at a traffic light-i got rear ended. quite shocking.
the guy was definitely drunk. i called the cops right away. when they showed
up, we noticed an empty beer can at the pedal cluster of the car. the guy
couldn't start his car again-because he was too drunk to realize he left it
in reverse. he blabbered on and on about his inability to restart his
car...never once apologizing for wrecking my car. the cops let him off
without a breathalyzer-just by testing the guys eyes. the cop got quite
offended when i questioned his determination that the guy had not been
drinking.

anyway i think my squareback which was in pretty rough shape now appears
totalled. i was hoping to be able to restore it enough to be able to drive
it this winter-to spare my bus from the winter salt.

i am not aure how the whole insurance thing works-ie if it is declered
totaled, what am i allowed to salvage from it. if you guys have any
suggestions let me know.  there wasn't much interior, but the engine was in
good shape, the rear bumper was in good shape, there are odds and ends in
good shape. there are also some parts that are practically brand
new-generator, brake cylinders come to mind.

-kevin
somerville, ma
'65 kombi
'67 sqbk