[T3] 66 Seat cables

I'm sure this is a newbie question, but I'm new to T3s.  Why is there a
cable running from each front seat forward under the carpet?  Does it
have something to do with locking the seat backs when the doors are
closed?  There is a small little bracket or something at the very bottom
of each "A" pillar.  Is this the mechanism that is actuated when the
door is closed?  Does the cable hook to these?

Thanks.

Steve

PS:  I have a factory manual, but it stops in 65 and is mostly for the
Notch.  What manual covers the 66 fastback.  I know the currently
available Bentley goes from 68 up.  Anyone have a 66 factory manual?