Re: [T3] how do i remove/separate the valve heads?

Rob Carpenter wrote:

> Im having trouble removing the valve heads from
> the cylinder heads, I have remove the top 4 bolts and
> also the 4 under the valves themselves.

Do you mean under the rocker arm assembly?  Yes remove the 4 outside the
rocker box(under the valve cover) and the 4 next to the valves/valve
springs inside the rocker box.  That is all that is holding the head to
the tops of the cylinder barrels.  Sometimes, especially if water has
entered the motor, they can stick to the tops of the barrels.  Use a
dead blow hammer or mallet on the heavier parts of the heads alternating
sides to distribute equal force.  DO NOT hit the fins or you will
bend/brake them!  If you must strike the fins, do it perpendicular to
their axis (the ends not the sides).  Sometimes lightly tapping all over
the head helps brake the corrosion bond.

Steve

 Im assuming the cylinder heads and valves
> are separate right?

Well yes and no.  Yes they are separate components, but the valves
reside "inside" the heads and as such are removed from the rest of the
motor "with" the entire head.  Check out your Bentley.

Steve