[T3] '63 brake problems con't - long

<x-charset Windows-1252>As you may remember, I was having problems with my driver's front wheel
getting really hot after only a drive around the block.

The brakes were not locking up, in fact when I jacked the car up, the wheel
spun normally on both the driver's and passenger sides.

Well, I wasn't sure what was going on so I replaced the driver's front
brakes with some NOS wheel cylinders (one from a listee, thanks!).
Reassembled, same problem.

I'm now convinced that the camber and toe-in are just plain wayyyyy off.
The wheel spins fine in the air (unloaded) but is very restricted while
under load.  The alignment was always a bit off since I bought the
Squareback and today I looked underneath to check things out.  The lower
ball joints adjustment things were not pointing forward so I straightened
them out just to see if that would do anything.  Nope.  In fact, I think
it's worse now.  After I turned them straight, I got to thinking, how do you
know how much in or out the bottoms should be adjusted?  Did I even turn
them the right way?  Or does it even matter, they just need to be straight
ahead?

I made an appt. for an alignment on Monday at a shop about 1/2 a mile from
my house so I could drive there really slow but if it's possible for me to
adjust things so I can drive normally in case I might screw something up,
that would be great...

Should the alignment shop only be adjusting the upper ball joints or can
they adjust both upper and lower ball joints as long as the bottom is left
pointing straight?

I need to be schooled in Type 3 alignment.

--
Everett Barnes
'63 Squareback - victim of a past mechanic