Re: [T3] A stupid question: Where's the starter?

On Thu, 2002-10-10 at 18:16, Greg Merritt wrote:

> > anything useful. You have to get to it from underneath.
>
> 	You can get your hands on it from the side if need be -- take off
> the right rear wheel -- but, yeah, from underneath is the way to work with
> it.

You can reach the starter from outside the car, if you lay on your back
and reach under the car from the front side of the wheel. I did this
several times on Jim A's car on the way back from Parma. Started it with
a quarter.

BE SURE THE CAR IS IN NEUTRAL BEFORE DOING ANYTHING.

--
Russ Wolfe
'66 FB MT (It drove)