Re: [T3] Aaarrgghh

On 9 Oct 2002, at 22:15, Ken Simons wrote:

> Howdy guys...I need some help, duh...I have been having a slight oil leak in
> my 'lil wagon'...I have oil pooling up right between the oil cooler and the
> dist. So far I have replaced the gaskets, and flange on the fuel pump, the
> dist seal, and finally the oil cooler seals...I though for sure after the
> dist and pump, the cooler seals would have to do it...NOPE...I don't know what
> else it could be?...the oil pools up RIGHT there, what gives?...

Can you wipe it clean and watch while it accumulates? Or does in not
accumulate at idle? Did you get the right seals? I agree that the cooler seals
are the most likely possibility.

If you have a 69 engine with 69 cooler you need the thick black flanged seals
and the 3 spacer washers. What case/cooler do you have and which seals
did you install? I have a FAQ on oil cooler seals that will help you figure this
out because this is a difficult area with lots of misinformation out there. Email
me if you want a copy.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org