Re: [T3] Another quick question...

<x-flowed>I cant remember how thick the fan housing is here, but how about rivnuts? They are mainly used for sheetmetal up to 2 mm thick.

PerL
73 Variant L

Jim Adney wrote:

On 9 Oct 2002, at 1:06, Thomas Ainlay wrote:

Why not use a threaded insert?  I'd suggest you get a kit from Time
Fastener:

http://www.timesert.com/

These are an especially good product for applications like this where there is minimal material around the hole to be repaired. I've never used them, but I suspect they are a good product.

I would get some of the longer steel inserts to use here.