Re: [T3] FI Fuel Tank "size"

<x-charset iso-8859-1>> I think I have put as much as 11.5 in at some time. Yes, it has to be
pretty
> "dry" in there to do that.
>
> I suspect that the difference is that VW just measured the capacity of the
> TANK, and didn't include any extra for the 68-73 filler neck.

I reckon it's unwise to fill the filler pipe too.  The driver's handbook
warns against it, and you'll remember at Landers (?) how both John's and
your Square were losing fuel through the overflow as the heat expanded the
fresh fuel and/or air-bubble in the tank.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.co.uk/
------