Re: [T3] FI Fuel Tank "size"

on 8/10/2002 5:40 PM, Jim Adney at jadney@vwtype3.org wrote:

> Okay, I just ran down to the basement and grabbed an old sock/hardline/nut
> assembly. The distance from the bottom face of the nut to the top of the tube
> is longer than I expected to find: 29mm. If you crawl under your tank you can
> tell us how far up this leaves the tube end.
>
> This one LOOKS like it was also sticking up like you say.

I cleaned out the tank on my '75 beetle a while back, and when I took the
outlet fitting off, it was sticking up about as far as you say. I bought a
new one because the old one was quite rusty and that was a bit shorter-
perhaps only about 15mm. It made me wonder it was an improved version or
something.

Isn't water heavier than petrol, ie. wouldn't water sit in the bottom and
rust the tank out?

Ben Doughney

'75 1200L
'63 1200 - Ringo