Re: [T3] Type 3 engine build up

> removed the first fan that draws air into the main fan and the outer side of
> the fan shroud, but when I tried to remove the fan I couldn't, it is just
> stuck.  I looked at the Haynes and it says to just pull it straight off, but

This fan is designed for a puller, but if you are careful, you might not
need one. Use two 8mm threaded bolts, about 2-3 inches long. Turn the fan
so that the holes for the puller are at 12:00 and 6:00. Thread the bolts
into the holes until they go through the fan and rest against the fan
shroud behind. Slowly turn each bolt very slightly, moving from top to
bottom until the fan moves off the crank.

Use good judgement to not put so much force on these bolts to bend the
fan. If the fan is stuck tightly on the crank, you must use the puller to
get an even pull from the center of the crank. Also, this procedure can
leave marks from the bolts rubbing against the fan shroud as it is
aluminum and softer than the bolts. This can be minimized by carefully
smoothing the ends of the bolts on a grinder so that they present a flat
surface against the fan shroud.

---
Nathan
'62 Notch