Re: [T3] Parts of a Carb (was Our new addition)

> On 7 Oct 2002, at 12:51, BOB2TYPE3S@aol.com wrote:
>
> >  On the early type3s with carbs they used a screw in jet that contains a ball
> > bearing in it ( I don't know what they call it though--cut off jet?
> > non-electromangetic cut off valve? ). The later ones used an electromagnetic
> > valve to do the same thing, available in both 6 volt and 12 volt.
>
> Would that just be the idle jet, replaced later by the electromagnetic pilot (or
> idle) jet?

I've used the standard non-electric jets on these carbs with success.
They're much more reliable than the electromagnetic ones, but they come in
different (jet) sizes, so either match them with the numbers that are on
the electromagnetic ones, or be prepared to do some carb tuning tests to
get the right size for your engine setup. They can cause some dieseling on
shutoff, but I've found that usually is not a problem when the carbs are
tuned correctly.

---
Nathan
'62 Notch