Re: [T3] Our new addition

<x-charset iso-8859-1>> Keith wrote:
> > I was just getting bummed when I heard it was carbs now!
>
>  Yeah, I really wanted a manual trans, but it already has an automatic
that
> works, so I had to take it like that. Someone spent a lot of time locating
> ALL the german Solex carb parts. I've never seen a true AT carb linkage
> before this one ( has kick down switch built in , plus a slot that allows
> wide open throttle while kicked down. It has genuine VW type3 cast iron
> manifolds, Solex 32s w/o electric cutoffs, Knecht oil bath air cleaner,
the
> flapper valve that goes between the body and the aircleaner(also a Knecht)
> that has the summer/winter flap in it. Looking at it, if you didn't know
what
> it was supposed to have, you'd think it came that way.

Are you sure that wasn't how your car left the factory? I can't help
thinking that a few may have made it to the States that way. Maybe it was a
personal import, or maybe it's not 100 percent true that only FI cars were
imported to the States after 1968. Are automatics not supposed to have the
cut-off valves? Mine doesn't have them but I assumed they had been removed.

Regards,

Daniel Baum
1969 Type 34 automatic
http://www.qldesign.com/type34