Re: [T3] Our new addition

 Jim A. wrote:
>If it's been sitting that long you should probably just take everything
apart
and rebuild all 5 hydraulic components. If you do this now you may save the
price of the rubber parts, otherwise they will rub over the rust, get
destroyed,
and will leak, causing other problems and have to be rebuilt and replaced
anyway.
 Jim, its actually only been sitting for about 2 1/2 years ( found some
receipts from july of 99 in it ). I planned on replacing the hoses as I
already know what happens to them when they get old. I mean the gas in it
actually smelled like gas, and had color too.
>> *find out why left front headlight isn't working, no hi-beams either, bad
>>relay?

>Bad fuse or connection, possibly bad ground.
 Yeah bad connection/dirty connection at fuse box on the left head light part
>bad brake light switches
yup broken off terminal on both of them
>> *no oil pressure light---bad bulb?
>probably bad switch on the engine. Ground the wire with the ignition on to
see if the bulb works; if it does the sender is dead.
 Yeah, I tried grounding the wire yesterday and it didn't turn the light on,
also when turning the key to the on position it didn't light up either.Thats
why I think it might be the bulb.

 I've only had this car since thursday afternoon, and I knew it would have
some minor problems, as when the P.O. got it, it was already partly
disassembled, and he didn't hear it even run while he had it. In fact he
finally got to hear it run today when he stopped by on his way to work. He
also said it didn't look that good when he bought it. I guess I cleaned it up
too good. I think he purchased this car in the fall of 99 or spring of 2000,
but I can't remember which, as I loaned him my tow bar adapter  ( attaches to
the front beam) to go get it.
 If it turns out that the headlight ( hi/low beam ) relay is bad , can you
tell me what to look for in it? Russ suggested that I check the ground for
the switch too, but I haven't gotten that far yet. Thanks for ALL the help
and keep up the suggestions as I like positive feedback on things like this.

Bob 65 Notch S w/ sunroof
       69 Squareback-AT