Re: [T3] Our new addition

On Sat, 2002-10-05 at 21:56, BOB2TYPE3S@aol.com wrote:

>     Can you tell me the part # for the head light relay ? As I' ve got no
> high/low beam action ( both high and low do work, but no relay action--works
> if I use a jumper wire.)
> Do you think I should use this dizzy: Bosch #  0 231 176 044 , VW # 043 905
> 205H, or should I just throw in a 009. Got it running right now with the
> above mentioned dizzy.  Motor is a stock 1600, dual carbs(32 Solexs), single
> quiet pack muffler w/ header.
>     Fixed the left front head light- cleaned the fuse block contacts.
>       Fixed the brake lights- replaced the switch, one terminal was broken
> off of both switches.

I will have to go out in the shop and look at the part number for the
head light relay. One little trick tho. One side of the dimmer switch
grounds to a lug on the fuse box. If this is not grounded properly, the
dimmer switch won't work.
As for the distributor, the 043 makes it a late model type 1, I think.
--
Russ Wolfe
'66 FB MT (It drove)