Re: [T3] type3 Digest #340

<x-charset iso-8859-1>Does sounds like the B. is due a new coat of paint.  If it were me (and I am in the same boat with Sophy) I would remove the trim (get yourself some new rubber grommets and clips from WCM, they are cheap) and maybe the bumpers.  Take off the hubcaps and the wiperarms and any other stuff on the outside that is easy.  Use a mild phosphoric acid  (I use The Must for Rust that is available at HD) on any rusty spoots to nuetralize the surface rust.  Then take her down for the cheapy paint job in the ORIGINAL color.

I suspect that you will end up with satisfactory results that will last for years.

Later,
John Jaranson
'71 FI Auto Fasty (Jane)
'66 Square (Sophy) - daily driver