Re: [T3] Gas heater battery?

On 30 Sep 2002, at 23:11, Jason Weigel wrote:

> Ok, I might be limited in responces but. I need to know for thoes of you
> with gas heaters what kind of batteries are you running? What kind of cold
> crank amps you got? I have an eberspacher in my notch and I want it up and
> going. Right now it wont fire because I have a cheepo cheese batery in
> there. It just barly starts the car.

The only problem that you should have with a heater/battery is that of running
the heater for awhile and then discovering that you've run the battery down
too far to start the engine. Once the engine has started the battery size is
irrelevant to the heater operation, the charging system should be doing all
the work.

Off hand, it sounds to me like you might have a charging system problem, or
your heater needs work.

I can send you my charging system FAQ if you'd like to check out yours.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org
Madison, WI 53711-3054