Re: [T3] Wide 5 Lug disc brakes

> I really want the 5 lug wheel options but I'm not willing to give up
> disc brakes just for style if these are shady like those 4-lug to 5-lug
> wheel adapters.

It seems to me that the best option for 5 lug disc brakes would be to keep
all parts as close to VW original as possible in order to fit the axle
beam properly, use stock M/C, and to make future maintenance simplified.
With this in mind, how about using all the Type 3 parts, with a modified
rotor to accept the 5 bolt pattern?

At the outer part of the rotor, weld on material (possibly the disc from
another rotor), and redrill for the 5 bolt wheel. A quality fabrication
shop should be able to make such a modification. Maybe one of those shops
that make lowered spindles would be willing to modify rotors this way.

---
Nathan
'62 Notch
'57 Bug