[T3] Update: Vacuum Advance and setting ignition timing

I wanted to say thanks to the list and to Shad Laws and Jim Adney.

My distributor vacuum advance WAS connected to the retard port.  Jim A. gave a good
visual description of where the advance port would be (it is somewhat hidden).  I bought
a new vacuum hose, retimed the car and drove successfully with much better acceleration.

It's snowing in Chicago today so I probably won't drive the car for a while.  I'll find
out how the mileage improves when the streets are clear of salt.

Thanks again.  I wonder how long the hose was connected to the retard port.  I wish I
would have found this out long ago.

Jim

=====
all new and now with genuine meat by-products...
http://www.machobeagle.com