Re: [T3] Carb adjustment

The idle is certainly supposed to drop when you put an automatic in gear.
Every car I have ever driven does that, including modern FI cars. I
understood that Jim suggested it may be dropping too far, and thus the car
conks out. I don't believe that this is the case, as it has always worked
before.

It's been suggested that I try setting the idle with the car in gear
(obviously with someone holding the breaks). If I can get it to idle stably
at, say, 700rpm while in drive, then presumably it will go up to the proper
idling speed in neutral too.

Daniel Baum
1969 Type 34 automatic
http://www.qldesign.com/type34