From: Everett Barnes [mailto:everettb@thesamba.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2002 4:02 PM
To: type3@vwtype3.org
Subject: Re: [T3] '62 Notch

>Are there 2 types of single draft engines and how do I tell what mine was?
 Codes where?

Jim A. said that there was a low and high compression version.  I was not
aware that this was true for the 61-63 single carb. models as they are only
7.8:1 to begin with.  He may have been referring only to the 64-65 models,
where there was a high and low version for different markets because the
standard German-bound "S" model engine had high compression domed pistons.
 Jim?

>Popout falling out...
I don't know that is my question.  They are a bear to put into the hinge
and close but when you open the window they fall out. ???

Is it possible that you are not engaging the hinges into the body?  I
recently
removed 1 pop-out on my '63 Squareback, it was near impossible to reinstall
correctly but that was due more to the new hinge seals and nice original
rubber than anything else.  My '67 with it's hardened original seals were
easy.

>P.S.  I could use a front apron for a '62.  Hard to find?

Maybe...  The '62s have no "bump" in them for the front license plate.

--
Everett Barnes
http://www.thesamba.com