[T3] Water leaks from the heater channels?

Hi all,

It's been getting colder and rainier here in the washington dc area so
I've been using the heater more on my '72 fastback.  After our last
rainstorm, I noticed a large amount of water (1") on the floor behind
the driver seat.  The entire driver side floor seems wet, so it's hard
to tell where it's coming from, but it seems a bit drier towards the
pedals.  When I lifted the back bench, I found a small pool of water on
the driver side.  There also seems to be small amounts near the heater
outlet of the front passenger seat.

Is it possible for water to come in through the heater channels?  I
haven't been driving while it's raining, so I'm guessing that the water
is not splashing up.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Wade