[T3] Rocker Repairs

I have a question regarding rocker replacement. Is the body rigid enough
to be able to replace the outer rocker skins one at a time with the
inner rockers and heater channels in place, with the body removed from
the car? Has anybody done this before or is the risk of the car folding
up too much? The heater channels and inner rockers are in very good
condition and so should give a fair amount of support. I was thinking of
bracing the body with steel tubing across the door jambs and then
removing this once the panel was in place, but I obviously would
appreciate input on this.

BTW, I know that the rockers are an easy job with the body on the car,
but the body needs to come off for some of the other welding work so it
would be ideal if I could do it all together....