Re: [T3] กกก Copy Any DVD with a CD Burn er_กกก________________________________

--- Allan Williams <allanw@ihug.co.nz> wrote:
> Uhhh doesn't a DVD have 6 magnetic adjusters to a
> CD's 3... that's how the
> laser is focussed finely enough to burn a DVD -
> meaning the CD burners
> cannot burn a DVD quality movie to one disc?

Yeah, but you can compress about 40 minutes of
near-DVD quality to a CD using MPEG2 (SVCD - 480x480
resolution), or I forget how much time with VCD (um,
352x240?). The bitrate is way lower on VCD -- 1150bps
instead of up to 2520bps variable bitrate with SVCD.
OK, enough of that. :) (I'm a big CD-video junkie)...

> I'm having programmable injection in my type 3 (with
> it's type 4 turbo
> engine) and instead of just having a plug to plug in
> a laptop for tuning, I
> figured I may as well make the how system part of a
> custom centre console.
> The EFI tuner uses a screen which displays RPM, EGO,
> "coolant" temp (head
> temp), MAP, as well as a few other things I don't
> need to see when driving
> :-) I can have it as part of my gauges :-) Plus I
> can watch movies and
> listen to MP3's. Excellent!
>
> If I can get a cheap LCD monitor which runs on 12V,
> I may even use desktop*
> parts, just top make upgrades easier :-)

That sounds totally awesome! If you don't want to go
the touchscreen route (or just LCD in general), check
out this webpage:

http://www.classicgaming.com/vcsp/VCSpModels.htm

The guy made a handheld atari vcs and used a
television screen from a portable TV (9V)... I'm sure
you could use a portable television screen as well if
you could adapt it? You could still use standard
components as long as you had TV-out on your
videocard. You just might need to use larger fonts. :)

But then, a sharp LCD screen would be way cool too...

Aaron