Re: [T3] Odd Rear Wheel Mystery

 Wilson wrote:
> Upon further inspection I found that the hubs were loose, but safe
>because the cotter pin was holding it from coming off. I looked at the other
>side and found that the hub there was also loose, but the lugs were all
>tight. Anybody ever had this happen to them? I wonder if the hubs weren't
>toqued enough when last put on?

 Yes, Wilson I've had that happen to me before, it was on my old 70
Squareback. It sheered off the cotter pins on both sides. Before you just
retorque them, you might want to inspect both the splines on the axle stubs
and the splines inside the hubs to make sure they're not too worn (one side
of mine was and had to be replaced) and if they are you should replace them
first.

Bob 65 Notch S w/ Sunroof
       69 Squareback-AT