Re: [T3] Part Request

>2 rear wheel cylinders
>a master cylinder
>2 front rotors
>He is quoting me $1,000.  Does this sound accurate?  HE's telling me the
parts are hard to find for a type 3, etc.

That sounds very high to me.

I replaced these parts on my '67 Squareback.  The rear wheel cylinders were
about $15 each, the rotors were $30-$45 each.  They were on the shelf at
my local Import/VW parts place.

My master cylinder was replaced by a shop by the previous owner the week
before I bought car, it was $160 total, including labor.  The m/c was $100
of that cost.

I would guess the parts you describe above should take 2-3 hours to replace.

It sounds to me like he just picked some parts at random.  Did they even
disassemble anything to check the system?

- Everett