Re: [T3] Bizarre brake bleeding problem `69 square

On Sun, 2002-11-17 at 19:18, Ben Doughney wrote:
> on 18/11/2002 1:34 PM, bastardbus at oldvw@yahoo.com wrote:
>
> > Ok still half pedal! And I now open front circuit with
> > rears shut...damn hardly any fuild moves when pedal is
> > put down again to half way.
> >
> > What the hell is going on. Is the NEW ate
> > mastercylinder junk? Is the front curcuit bad? Am I
> > retarded and missing something?
>
> Have you adjusted the master cylinder free play? This is done by loosening
> the pedal bracket and moving it forwards or backwards, don't adjust the
> length of the push rod.

He said he bled it with the pedal cluster out.
It sounds like there is a problem with the master cylinder or the feed
lines.
When I replaced the MC on my '71, I had problems bleeding the brakes. I
found that one of the little plastic nipples coming out of the MC was
cracked, and letting in a little bit of air, but did not leak fluid.
I got another nipple from Jim Adney, and that fixed the problem.

--
Russ Wolfe
'66 FB MT (It drove)