Re: [T3] goofy ?'s

11/17/2002 8:53:50 AM, Jim Adney <jadney@vwtype3.org> wrote:
>> have...First exactly what is the aplication for the SHORT starter bolt (about
>> 3")...six volt?...one came with my parts car, which might explain why the new
>> starter was never installed...
>So it has the unusual starter head, but is too short to reach thru the starter,
>transmission and engine? I have no idea....

If by the "unusual starter head" you mean the flat-on-one-side self-locking
type, then I've used them on T1 engines, but for the clutch cable side of the
bellhousing.  IMO, they're great for T1 engines with the early style shroud,
but with a doghouse you need the case-mounted "nut" unless you've got a
three-year-old available with small enough hands to get a wrench down there.

=)