Re: [T3] goofy ?'s

On 16 Nov 2002, at 20:01, Ken Simons wrote:

> I have a couple o' quick questions that may help slove some issues I
> have...First exactly what is the aplication for the SHORT starter bolt (about
> 3")...six volt?...one came with my parts car, which might explain why the new
> starter was never installed...

So it has the unusual starter head, but is too short to reach thru the starter,
transmission and engine? I have no idea....

> Second, my vin # starts off with 369******, all the lists I have seen only
> list 319******, my '67 seems correct, 317******...whats the deal?...

The second digit specifies the body style, 6 stands for square, ane 1 stands
for fast or notch. Most lists just use the 1 as a default. I agree this is
confusing; they should just list 3_7....

Your 369... would be a type 3, squareback, 69 model year.

Your 317... is a type 3, notch or fasty, 67 model year.