Re: [T3] Undercaraige Paint Preference/Dislikes/Past Problems..

on 16/11/2002 1:06 PM, Rob Carpenter at brnagn7@yahoo.com wrote:

> Im looking to paint my axles, drums and alike. Im
> looking for advice from the experienced about paint I
> should use. I already have a quart leftover of POR-15
> that I used on the inside Pans, I was looking to use
> the rest of it for the underside of my pans, and was
> considering using the POR-15

I have painted various bits of the suspension and floorpan parts of my '63
and a year on I am pleased with how good it still looks, and also how dirt
etc. washes off so easily. Make sure you completely disassemble all of the
parts you are painting- I made the mistake of painting over some screws on
some other parts, and they got stuck there! ;-)

Ben Doughney

'75 1200L
'63 1200 - Ringo
'71 1600TL