Re: [T3] Rear seatbelt mounting points.

>That's a mount for the shoulder belt, not the seat belt. I don't know
if >those
>were EVER used in any market for any type 3. Has anyone ever seen a
type
>3 with OE 3-point rear belts?

I had always thought of all seatbelts as being 3 point (except for the
obvious ones in the middle of the back seat on most cars) but this is
largely due to lack of experience with old cars until recently.
Yes, the second mount is obviously over the transmission on each side
under the rear seat and covered over with more plastic headed screws.
Despite all the welding I've been doing there recently, I can't remember
seeing a 3rd mount, probably due to the fact that this area was
completely rusted away on this car! - had to replace the whole area
under the mount for the back seat downwards with sheet metal... Will
look at the other side later, although I can't see it being any
different from my fastback which definitely has 3 point mounts.
I too have never seen OE 3 point rear seatbelts on a Type 3 but then
rear seatbelts only became a legal issue in the UK as far as I am aware
in my lifetime so there would have been little point in offering them as
a standard option. It would indeed be interesting if anybody could shed
some light on the issue.

Joe