Re: [T3] Couldn't start in the rain

Someone told me that when it happens I could just spray some WD-40 in
the distributor.  It makes sense to me.  After all the "WD" stands for
"Water Displacement" (or "Displacer") and it does evaporate quickly.

Mark

I have in the past used WD-40 to help start cars with damp ignitions. It
does work. I have spayed it into the cap and wiped out the access. Also
spray it on the ignition wires. It is a good emergency method but usually
indicates the cap and rotor should be replaced do to carbon tracking and
age. Also if the wires need water displacement replacing these with original
Bosch wires will make a world of difference.
Hope this helps
Peter Legault
1973 Type 3 Square At/FI (The Putz)

 Mark Healey