Re: [T3] Couldn't start in the rain

On 13 Nov 2002, at 10:20, Mark Healey wrote:

> I haven't had a chance to look at until today.  When I went out and
> tried it it started right up.  Is there anything I can do to prevent
> this in the future?

It all depends on exactly where your problem is. I REALLY like the silicone
rubber boots that seal around the SP insulators. They're well worth the $10-
15 that a set of 4 will cost at the dealer.

Using WD-40 may work, but not any better than wiping out the cap with a
dry paper towel.

I would clean the cap, rotor, and nose of the coil off very carefully. Dirt in
these areas can make moisture problems worse.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org
Madison, WI 53711-3054