Re: [T3] anyone familiar with early turn signal switches?

On 13 Nov 2002, at 9:16, phil wrote:

> When I flip the lever to the left, the fuse burns
> immediately (#9 on the fuse box - 12 fuses total).
> When I disconnected the black/white and black/green
> wires that go out to the front and rear signal lights,
> it still burnt, so I assume that the problem lies in
> the switch.

It is most likely that something has fallen into the crack between the steering
wheel and the TS switch, shorting out the left circuit. Take the wheel off and
give everything, including the wires coming up the column, a good inspection.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org
Madison, WI 53711-3054