Re: [T3] Notch questions

Everett said:
>>"Rubber mats = cool, even cracked. There should be carpet on the front
footwells and heater channels, though. "

Martin said:
>Any chance i can cut out another out of a new flat piece of rubber? Or
should I just clean-up the original and use it?

I think the originals are formed, I have mine out of my '63 right now and
they held their shape up and over the tunnel.  There are a lot of cuts around
various things on the floor, although none are too intricate.

I don't think you can find rubber with the correct pattern.  Myself, I'd
run a beat-up original set of rubber mats with some Coco or other mats to
hide any damage...

Jason W. posted a pic of his mats here:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/index.mv?photo+36846.jpg

He's been posting a bunch of great early Type 3 pics, see them all here:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/index.mv?search+weigel

>What about the radio antenna mounted in the top of the cowl, on the
passenger side? should this be there ?

Radio antennas were just drilled wherever the dealer or owner felt like
doing it so it's ok.  Sometimes they followed antenna installation instructions...
 My '63 has it drilled at a semi-random place in the driver's fender.

>The heater knob on the tunnel is broken to bits...can i use a bug one?

Yes, it should work.  The original knob is white with a red dot.

>About the door, if it is wrong should I leave it? Or look for the correct
replacement?

Is it already color-matched?  I'd leave it but find a correct door at some
point.

- Everett