Re: [T3] Whats Jim building?!? was Re: [T3] electrical issues (was:Speaking of headlights...)

On 12 Nov 2002, at 18:39, Russ wolfe wrote:

> On Tue, 2002-11-12 at 13:40, Mark Seaton wrote:

> > From: "Jim Adney" <jadney@vwtype3.org>

> > Subject: Re: [T3] electrical issues (was:Speaking of headlights...)
> >
> > "my current project is to build two 2.2 Megawatt amps"
> >
> > interesting- don't forget to wear your rubber gloves ;-)
> >
> And take the change out of your pocket before walking into the room.....

If at all possible, I don't plan to ever be in the room when it is operated at full
power. For testing at "low" power, however, it's going to be necessary, so I'm
shopping for rubber shorts.  ;-)

I have no plans to export this to any of my type 3s, although inertial energy
storage IS a possibility for something like this. Can you picture this: My
square, loaded with electronics, accelerates slowly to nearly 60 mph then
the generator connected to the wheels kicks in for one 2 MW of blast of
sound which brings the speed down to 20 mph in 0.050 seconds, at which
point the sound stops and I get to peel myself off the windshield and try it all
over again.  8-P

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org