Re: [T3] electrical issues (was:Speaking of headlights...)

<x-flowed>

Wilson wrote:

How do you go
about rewiring or refusing your Type 3?

Who, in their right mind, would refuse a type 3? ;-) Sorry, just had to!

Seriously, what Toby did was to install a 1 guage wire from the Japanese alternator he installed, right down to the other end of the battery cable at the starter. I'm probably going to install something more stock-looking in my car, but thicker than the original wire, which is 6 mm2 (dont know the guage size for this one). On the other hand, my 1987 Audi, which has a 75 or 90A alt., also has a 6 mm2 wire to the battery.

PerL
73 Variant L