Re: [T3] Oil pump sizes

<x-flowed>Another reason to go with a 26 mm pump is that a 30 mm pump is too thick. I installed a 26 mm pump in my car, and needed to remove a little bit of metal from the fan housing so the fan wouldnt scrub, but another 4 mm is not possible.

Oh, I have a Engle cam which needs an older style pump (pre-71), that may make a difference.

PerL
73 Variant L

Andy Vaughan wrote:

So, I'm flummoxed.

Basics: My engine has a replacement case from 1973, align-bored .010 over,
and I'm attempting to full-flow the case. The case is tapped, and ready to
go, but I have "information conflict" happening over the size of the oil
pump.

Here are the arguments:
My local VW shop owner tells me that I MUST have a 30mm pump for a case
that's .010 over to maintain correct oil pressure throughout the system. Add
a spin-on filter and extra lines, and I suppose that makes sense, BUT....

Aircooled.net has a billboard-sized warning about running 30mm oil pumps in
T3 applications because they'll blow the cooler seals. They (he) recommends
either I modify the oil pressure valves, but doesn't say how, or I just use
the 26mm pump.

"But, but, but....."

Any wisdom to pass on?

Thanks for all of your help.