Re: [T3] I need advice on restoring my gas tank, is this necessary?

On 10 Nov 2002, at 16:30, Rob Carpenter wrote:

> If I have to treat the tank what are the steps?

There's really no reason to treat the tank unless it has actually rusted thru in
pinholes. In this case the coating can bridge over small holes and allow you
to salvage a leaky tank.

Normally a tank won't rust inside. The exceptions occur when water gets in
there and is allowed to sit, or when the tank is stored for a long period with
no gas in it.