Re: [T3] Speaking of headlights...a relay upgrade?

> For whatever it's worth, I'm using the 55/60W bulbs in my Bug, but that's
> without relays of any kind .. gotta *love* that floor dimmer!

But I bet you there's 0.5 volt 'lost' in the switch!  The later dipping
relay did a much better job IMHO!  10% voltage drop = 20% power drop, and
since it's only the higher filament temperatures that gives useful light,
there's probably around 40% light output reduction.  No wonder we remember
the old 6V Beetles with poor lights - 35/35W bulbs and probably big power
losses too.
I don't remember our 6V Variant having poor lights - I seem to remember
being quite impressed with them.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.co.uk/