Re: [T3] Speaking of headlights...a relay upgrade?

>  I was running 100/90w h4s and my relay would overheat! So I
> bought some german made syvania "cool blues". I thought that the 100w
> were pulling too many amps for my relay. But I was wrong. I looked at
> the relay and its rated for 100w.

I assume you have one relay for each headlight, otherwise you will be giving
the relay 200W on main beam.  Maybe the contacts have melted rather than
corroded?  The wiring at 100W power for each bulb will be carrying over
twice as much as normal too.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.co.uk/