Re: [T3] Freeway Flyer explanation? [was notch tranny]

<x-flowed>When I was in USA for the Invasion, some of the drivers wanted Keith Park to test drive teir modified type 3's. So, while Keith was driving Toby's car, I was driving Keiths car. While driving his car, I noticed that his rpms were lower at 70 mph than they were in Toby's car (which has a 5-speed tranny). It seems as af Keith's car has a 3.87 R&P from the 74 Superbeetle and type 1 Karmann Ghia. After this, Keith nicknamed his car the "Freeway Flyer".

PerL
73 Variant L

Aaron Clow wrote:

Can someone explain "Freeway Flyer?" I assume its some
special year/type tranny with a high 4th gear?

Thanks!

Newbie AC

--- BOB2TYPE3S@aol.com wrote:

I was just wondering if I had a freeway flyer already. I might do your
suggestion though of putting it in 4th and lifting the rear wheels.
Thanks.