Re: [T3] Euro Lamp inner running lamps

> Dave, did Britain not get sealed beams?

Not as original equipment unless specially ordered.  Sealed beams are often
referred to as US-spec, so US might be the only place that normally got
them.  Of course that would also make them for left-hand drive, which is no
good on our roads.

While the old 6V bulbs never seemed to blow, 12V bulbs do seem to go from
time to time (well, era to era anyway!), and the glass can get cracked too.
I don't know about sealed beams, though there seems a steady demand for the
Type 4 ones, so there may be other factors at play such as the different
driving styles of individuals.
I have some 6V Cibie sealed beams in my Beetle, a popular conversion fitted
by the young guy who owned it before I bought it back again.  They're
brighter where they aim, but the rim shades them so you don't really get as
good a spread.  It wouldn't be a problem in upright lights though.

PS the ecology argument was just a gentle 'dig', though cracked lenses are
easier to replace (also not very common).

Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.co.uk/
------