Re: [T3] long trip, leaky seal

On 1 May 2002, at 8:08, Everett Barnes wrote:

> An experienced Bus owner once told me that they just use an open-ended 7mm
> wrench to test for clutch disc thickness.  If the wrench slips on, the disc is
> past its wear limit.

There are even VW manuals which specify this way of doing it, but I finally
realized that many of the modern disks were made differently so that they
failed this test even when new. You really just need to look at how close you
are to getting down to the rivet heads, and you need a new one to compare
to the first time around; it's really not much at all, maybe .020"