Re: [T3] air intake for carbs

<x-flowed>

Shad Laws wrote:

I want to make my
own air cleaners with ducting to a different area than the rear
valance.  I was thinking of ducting to each side of the transaxle.

The air under there is hot, dirty, and turbulent. I wouldn't choose that option.

It doesnt sound right that the air around the tranny is hot? When the car is going at 50 mph there should be a lot of turbulence under there, which in my book means that it is a low pressure area. Anyways, if he pulls air in front of the engine, it surely wouldnt be hot. When standing still with hot engine, well that could be a whole different discussion.

PerL
73 Variant L