Re: [T3] cold air induction

<x-charset iso-8859-1>Timmy=> Wouldn't the shortest, most convenient path to
=> fresh, clean cold air be thru the inner fender well?
=> ... intake(s) would be somewhere right underneath the
=> fender louvers?

Sure, probably, and if you can duct it from the top of the intake box and
shield it a little you probably won't have problems with water getting into
it. But I'm not sure what advantage this is meant to provide over the stock
setup.

Someone said it was a bad idea to pull combustion air from the cooling air
system, as the stock systems do, if I remember correctly because the fan
reduces air pressure on the combustion intake. Someone else said that trying
to use the fan to raise pressure on the intake would be counterproductive,
since the intake pulls more air than the fan can supply. This implies to me
that the intake would steal air from cooling rather than vice versa.

Is one of these concepts correct, or is neither significant? Is there enough
external air pressure at the louvers (Square/Fast, Notch and Ghia all pull
from different places) to feed both these hungry beasts just fine?

I wonder because a) I want the most cooling air I can get without doing
major body mods, and b) I'd like to have more air available to my carbs as I
move toward 5500rpm.

Steven Ayres, Prescott AZ
'66 KG1600

</x-charset>