[T3] pullen the engine

i am going to pull the engine in my fasty here pretty
soon to replace some seals, so i have some questions. my
fasty is burning a little bit of oil when i start it up
in the morning and sometimes when i accelerate, would it
be worth the effort to replace the piston rings? i am
already going to pull the heads to replace pushrod tubes
and seals. i also need to replace the gland nut seal (is
that the name?) behind the flywheel, and replace the
clutch and throw out bearing to hopefully remove some
clutch sounds. do i need an impact wrench to remove the
gland nut? i remember on my bug, i resorted to taking
the block somewhere to have it done. perhaps i could
rent an impact wrench to remove the nut.

anything else i might as well do if the engine is out? i
am planning on as little down time as i can swing, as it
is my daily driver.