[T3] plastigauge

<x-flowed>Does anyone but me have a heck of a time getting rods
off of cranks? I just don't seem to be able to do this in any
calm way..I end up pounding as much as I dare with a rubber hammer to get them apart. This amount of "dare" will go down considerably
after I get my crank done. This is going to be a problem if I am a good
boy and plastigauge the rod clearance, as the book says you are not
to even "bump" the rods.
Is there a trick to this task?
Thanks
Jim Rustad
Kennewick WA
71 FI Square

PS
I suppose I should admit that I am dealing with a type 4 crank
and this should probably go to the bus site.
But since a type 4 engine could in principle be installed in a type III
I hope you will forgive me.