Re: [T3] valve adjustment

<x-charset iso-8859-1>>
> > The valve covers were the dirtiest thing I have ever seen. I didn't glue
the
> > gaskets on, following advice from everyone except Muir. I just used a
coating of
> > grease to hold them in place. The old gaskets seem to be made of
plastic, while
> > my new ones look like cork.
>
> Dirty inside, or out? If inside, have you changed the oil lately? Did the
PO do
> it regularly?

Dirty outside. Both road dirt and some leaked oil. Inside was quite clean,
with the expected few drops of oil here and there. I changed the oil before
I switched the engine on for the first time. Since then I suppose the engine
has run a couple of hours or so altogether. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to do
it again and flush out the crap. The old gaskets didn't seem to have been
glued either, although it's possible that one of them, which broke up when I
removed it, may have had the remains of some glue on it.

Daniel

</x-charset>