Re: [T3] Vented Front Disc Brakes

<x-flowed>Jimbo,
The company that makes the setup has machined spacers for the calipers to widen the space between the brake pads so that you can use the vented rotors. I also read on the ad that this increases track width by 5mm per side which is a small amount for the increased fade resistance that you will receive with these brakes.

>Jimbo said: >What would you use for brake pads with the vented disc brake setup? Does >anyone make a thinner pad to make up for the extra rotor thickness? > >Jimbo

Greg Irick Silverdale, WA gregi@vwtype3.org

'65 Notchback with a Britax sliding rag top. Plans for a 1679cc motor using an AS21 case and thick walled 88mm P&C's, with a Resto-Custom flavor. Preps underway for installing some NOS rocker panels, lifting the body from the pan for a pan restoration and welding in some IRS trailing arm mounts onto a swingaxle rear suspension.